Golly, it’s a great day for a blog hop.
My good friend, Minx, at In My Wheele House asked me to take part in a blog hop. I didn’t want to disappoint her or my 5+ followers so…here we go.
1. What are you working on?
At the moment I’m working on several projects. Some new. Some old. Some ongoing.
- Preparing for a vintage sale in Montreal this coming August 16-17th weekend.
- Rearranging my tiny studio with the hope I can optimize the space so that it will allow me to paint AND sew (without getting paint on my sewing or thread and lint on my painting).
- Creating banners and pennants that make me (and my clients) happy.
- Helping a friend put in a backyard garden.
- Illustrating for fun whenever I can.
- Learning to make music
- Dreaming of renovating my house.
- Enjoying life!
2. How does your work differ from others of its genre?
This is a toughie. Does my work actually “differ” from other works in its genre? What is my genre? Stumped.
3. Why do you create what you do?
I create for fun. I don’t seem to have any real goal or intention. It’s purely for the joy of it. I find that when I feel I’m being pushed or forced to create, I struggle. It’s not usually need that drives me to create, although that can be the case at times. It’s more a flash of inspiration found in another’s work. A crazy dream I had in the middle of the night. An animated conversation with family or friends. For me creating is an experiment in “what if”. Sometimes the results exceed your expectations. Sometimes not so much. Sometimes it leads to more. Sometimes not.
Mapping it all out. The creative process according to meltingplastic.
4. How does your creative process work?
I have multiple approaches. Sometimes I approach a project with complete abandon. No pre-panning. No script. No thought to final outcome. I let it lead me where it wants to go. This approach seems to lend itself to painting and illustration more than anything else. Sometimes I have to put a little more thought into it. I think of what it is I want/need to create and map out simple preliminary plans/sketches/notes/etc… once I actually start the “work”, I allow myself to deviate and proceed a little more organically.
Okay. I guess that’s it. I’m supposed to nominate 2 other bloggers, but I can’t say I know too many of my favourite bloggers personally enough to do so. Maybe I’ll add a couple later.
Meanwhile, what are you working on?